Thread: My Arch Nemesis
View Single Post
Garage Queen

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
Dave,

I did miss the supper charger part so you got to get in your 'nanner-nanner-nanner' shot.

I also missed where is was said it was a Shelby 500.

For what it is worth:

If it was a Stock GT it would have been 300hp.

If it was a GT with a supper charger kit it could be anything from around 400hp or more.

They even had SC kits for the V6 and I think you could order your V6 to mostly look like a Shell. I believe Roush was pushing V6 supercharged Mustangs at about that time.

If a stock Shelby 500 you are correct and it would have been 500hp at 4008lbs.

Well done!

For what it is worth if it was a Shelby 500 convertible test stats were:

Most Shelby's had big hood stripes but not always. I think the Shelby stripes were an option on the lesser Mustangs. The GT40 style wheels were mostly a Shell wheel if I recall correctly and a reasionable tell.

The car was a Cobra because I couldn't help but see the snake emblem and it was on the front as well. From looking at pictures on the web, I could only tell it wasn't older than 2007. The models below 2007 didn't look the same. His convertible also had a silver bar across the back seat; I do not know what it is called. Kinda like a targa bar. The car definitely had a supercharger. It was all black.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)