View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
I never really got this!

First why put it higher in the chassis where it is going to move the center of gravity and front roll center higher? This is why we lower a car.

Second, on a car with 50% more weight over the rear (and especially a 930) why would we want to move weight any more toward the rear of the car?

Seems a better place unless there is something in the way like a fuel cell, oil tank, spare or such would be as far forward, to the right, and low as possible.

I would look to the rear of the car first for weight reduction. Exhaust, euro bumper struts, rubber bumperets delete or euro's, rear seat backs, RS carpet kit, rear under carpet pads delete, fiber lid and or tail...
You can look into something called "polar weight", it's almost as important as "unsprung weight".... getting the weight inside the pole, i.e. within the perimeter of the 4 tires is a lot more important that bring the CG up a fraction. Moving the battery within the wheels is and a little bit higher is a better compromise.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)