View Single Post

Garage
being a newbie I can only throw in my two cents. I have a 84 930 slant and love it. I live in AZ and the car has been here since 84. I am not a mechanic but I find the car fun to work on. I have been pulling out all the 80's stereo crap and alarms that used up a ton of power and just generally going through it step by small step. Being that the car is older there are a lot of little things to do but I enjoy it. THe oil cooler in the nose is a stock thing I believe, they did not start putting them in the vents on the side until 86 or so. From what i Have read the US did not like the idea of a oil cooler in the front grill for fire hazard reasons but since these cars are ROW that rule did not apply. I had no problems registering it with ZERO paperwork on the emissions. I had no problem with insurance. As stated above it is a little tougher at the dealership or with repair manuals as the diagrams are not quite the same as our cars. As far as the value I paid more than 27K but something is only worth what you are willing to pay for it. my car was owned by a family member since 85 and I knew how he took care of it so the records were not a issue and I don't plan on selling it ever. Surprisingly most of the parts are relatively inexpensive, now I have not gotten into anything huge but the the small trim pieces and nuts and bolts just are not that bad. feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Best of luck.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)