View Single Post
Infidel

On a euro trip down to Verbier to catch the last of the snow with a mate last year, decided to take the 930, did some basic mods to get the roof box to work. The car was loaded up with stuff, roof box was huge and also 'full' of gear, we settled down to crusing between 120 and 140mph for most of the journey!
We had a couple of funny duels with cars on the way, but the funniest was a Fezza 360, he kept coming along side and looking across, this is all on the Autobahn so all legal On at least three separate occasions he came along side, both doing a little over 100mph, then i'd floor it and just pull slowly away from him... You could hear him drop a gear and rev the nuts off the 360, then by 160mph or so i'd back off as the wind noise from the roof box was scary!!

I bet he went straight back to the Ferrari garage and tell them something was wrong, as a 20 odd year old Porsche with a roof box had pulled away from him.... ha ha ha... we did laugh

BTW, this was with the 993tt engine running a tad over 500bhp, but still with stock wheels and the stock 4 speed

87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 10-06-2010, 01:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)