View Single Post

The blower in the trunk is fresh air only - I find this faster for demisting the screen in the rain than using heat, apart from that I don't use it at all (the squirrel makes a lot of noise when you wake him up).

My 930 doesn't have a blower in the engine bay, so airflow is fairly poor when stopped... Airflow was far better with the factory H/E's than it is with the GHLs, too.

Earlier cars had two levers on the handbrake, connected to the flapper by the H/Es' on each side, later cars just had one. I thought the autoheat cars still had a red manual heat lever for "emergency" usage?

You should be able to ditch the autoheat and backdate to the manual lever setup. The servo, thermostat etc. could be dead - think there's a connecting rod with a clip that can brake also - or the flapper boxes rust like crazy due to where they are and jam up.

I hit my flapper boxes and cables with white lithium grease once a year and make a point of moving the heat levers all the way through the range everytime I drive the car.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)