View Single Post
Infidel

I did, but only got chance to do a couple of passes, i went from 7.53 to 7.49 seconds 60 to 130. Problem is i didn't make a note of the ambient air temps on the days so this could be down to conditions.
If you are doing track work in the car then it probably is worth fitting it, otherwise probably not. I swear i can't tell the difference. Remenber mine is a 993 turbo lump, so it's motronic etc, and is a much more responsive set up than a CIS motor, i never fitted a lightweight flywheel to the 930 lump.
Too much has changed with the car now for me to do another check, it's got lighter con rods and different wheels.

If you are on stock headers, and the stock turbo, then they would be far better upgraded than the flywheel. I would go with a lightweight wheel when you 'have' to change the flywheel. Just make sure you have a good strong clutch for the extra power and you'll be fine
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 10-11-2010, 02:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)