View Single Post

Garage
Hi guys,

As always, thanks for all your input!
My mechanic told me that the muffler on the car is currently "stock" but the previous owner
did some mods to it to make it pop and loud. I don't hear many 911's out there popping like that. Mind you, there are that many 911 TURBOS out there... My friend's non-turbo 911 of the same year is alot more "civilized", IMO.
Anyways, my question is, would a aftermarket muffler -- stainless steel Kool-Vue ones reduce the
noise and give me better fuel economy? I really can't justify paying $2100 in Canada for a original stock Porsche muffler!
I am sorry to sound like a "wimp", but 12MPG is like driving a Ferrari, Lamborghini and Viper with much bigger engines! BTW: that's imperial gallon, I am thinking US gallon would be 10...
And, the thing is that I don't floor it. I considered shifting more to third int the city around 3,000 RPM.
I do the odd "stepping" on it to kick in the turbo, but definitely not a leadfoot driver.
Where can one get a Dyno done? Is this an expensive effort?

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)