View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsveb View Post
Thanks for the input:

I guess I'll know down the road if there has been a monkey behind the wheel.

I would really like to keep the boost knob, is there no way I can make it a max. 1 bar and use the boost knob, to maybe adjust between .5 and 1 bar?
You would likely need to put a .5 bar spring in your wastegate because the boost controller is normally manual, and normally only adds to the resistance of the spring causing the spring to open the wastegate more slowly. So your baseline boost will be your wastegate spring rate and you can only go up from there.

If that is what you are thinking than maybe try .8 bar of boost and see if you can live with that full time.

The basic problem with the death dial is that your AFRs can only be tuned to one level of boost at a time so you are running a little rich or lean when you change the boost lower or higher from that level that you adjusted your AFRs to.

What do you know about the prior owner? Sometimes that is a clue about how the car was driven.

If you don't see a ton of smoke at start up and it runs with no noises than your pistons should hopefully be fine.

With a 3.5 build you may want to stay at .8 bars of boost instead of 1 bar unless you know the engine compression. You can maybe research that type of build. Overboosting is the death of Andial 3.5s...because people get crazy and run them at like 1.5 bars with no adjustment in AFRs.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)