Thread: Gt30-76r
View Single Post

drmatera,

The stock K27-7200 has about a 54mm compressor, your turbo I think is almost a 62mm compressor and this one has a 57mm compressor so it should be between the two.

A bigger turbo on your car was probably a better idea with your conversion to EFI.

CIS has something like 5 to 6 feet of plumping and the metering plate pushing against air flow adding restriction and pressure drop before the turbo's intake. With EFI this is greatly reduced allowing even a larger turbo to spin up faster.

I suspect the larger compressor we put with CIS the slower it really wants to respond. The makes the time from boost onset to full boost longer.

Kind of like someone saying that going from 23" wheels to 25" wheels on a car is going to make you go faster. In some cases it might but it will take longer to get there.

Or it will take more power to get you there at the same time. This would be seen as more back pressure against the turbine.

Again, this is my thinking and the more I learn the less I seem to know.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)