View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway-Star View Post
Thanks WPOZZZ, this information makes project easier, as SC / 3.2 bits are easier to find.

I have thought will make "period correct -looks" project in stages:
- Stage 1: Rocker panels
- Stage 2: Bumpers
- Stage 3: Rear spoiler

So far I've done:
- Bought a front spoiler from Sweden (has not arrived yet)
- Bought a Blaupunkt Frankfurt period -radio from Germany (arrived, but not fitted yet)
- Put back original steering wheel
- Bought a spare wheel (fitted already)

Stage 3 is something I am not ready yet for. Car currently has a largish intercooler.

Finding bits from Finland is like living on Mars with a 930. Can view the world through a small keyhole, and try to locate bits and bops.

Here is car as it is now (with respect to previous owners, I do like the modifications a lot. But if you have two hot chicks, eventually you cannot have both, so what can you do):

http://content.us.porsche-clubs.porsche.com/PorscheClubs/pc_finnland/pc_main.nsf/web/41B692830045A890C12577250068BBA8/$file/slide_IMG_3411.JPG

Hope to add photos once project is more on the way...

Greetings again from Finland
I forgot about the rockers. Those are turbo/turbo look specific as they are wider in the front and back to accommodate the flared fenders. They are available on the used market, but you just need to be patient. I'm pretty sure you can find them here on Pelican.

The rear tail is the biggie. That is a little on the rare side as they were only on 76-77 models so there won't be a lot running around. I do know my mechanic has a tail that looks like it was from a turbo as it has the 2 grilles, but I'm not 100% certain it has the correct ducting and the correct 2nd grille.

Best of luck on your resto plans!
14 535i M Sport
Old 10-16-2010, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)