Thread: New Window Felt
View Single Post
Certified User

Garage
I have just worked through this with one of my cars.

I pulled the electric motor - looked and worked fine on the bench.
Then I pulled the regulator and the cross-arm - all the wheels and channels were greased and worked fine out of the car.
Then I looked at the window guides a little closer and found that the glass was binding because the channels weren't parallel.

If I had looked here first, I would have save myself a few hours work and skinned knuckles.

Before you start pulling all that stuff out of the door, fiddle with the alignment of window guides first.
The ones at B are easiest to get at because you just need to pop out two plastic plugs on the outside of the door. However, adjusting these may move the top of the frame too far in or out relative to the body.
The adjustment at A is best as it has less effect on the in/out position of the top of the frame, but you have to take off the door trim to get at it.
Just try moving either leg of the frame and see if it takes enough pressure off the motor for it to run more freely.

Memories: '68 912, '72 911T, '80 911SC, '84 911, '85 930, '86 930, '87 911

Last edited by billjam; 10-17-2010 at 05:55 PM..
Old 10-17-2010, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)