View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastm70 View Post
well fuel pumps work and so does ignition. if i push down the metering plate, i can mantain the engine running. I really have no idea what would cause this.
That is an important clue. You also stated that the pumps will run with the ignition in the ON position and the metering plate switch unplugged...as it should. But in order to keep the car running you have to manually depress the metering arm (thus adding fuel). Does the arm move freely (stupid question, but had to be asked).

Something fuel delivery related, probably. Sounds like it's time for a CIS pressure testing gauge (join the club, as Jesper just did!). Can't diagnose without information. I feel like a broken record....encouraging folks to buy the guage setup, but it's such an important part of tuning and/or troubleshooting these cars.

To answer your question, "System" fuel pressure should be in the neighborhood of 6.2 - 6.5 bar (in that area, + as my memory says without going to look it up). Also check that your cold control pressure isn't too high, not allowing a rich enough mixture to keep her running when cold. Hopefully your worse case scenario is a faulty WUR...but you won't know until you test it.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)