View Single Post

Early 930 mod vs stock value

Ok on an earlier post I posted some info and pics of a 77 930 that I just acquired. The car showed up nicer than I had thought as I had bought site unseen. The car runs and drives nice and cosmetically a 8?? I bought it with the idea of either flipping or doing full on build. It is just so original and an odd ball combo it has to be fairly rare???

Anyway, I know there is some talk about early 930 pricing following 911s going upward. I just am realistic and think it will be the real early stuff like the 75-76's. The problem is it will cost more to keep it stock than do some quick mods. Interior is that crazy green that will add about 40% to the cost to doing say a black or?

I have restored many cars and the problem is the detail parts that always kill you in the end. I would like to make a light weight tastefully modded car but don't want to miss the boat if the market really does swing. No body mods unless they are minor and for weight loss. I hate fake bumper fascias.

Anyway mod or leave stock?? Do you guys see values staying flat or jumping when the market kicks back?? Would you prefer a 100% stock car or do you look for a well built modded car when shopping????
Old 10-18-2010, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)