View Single Post
I would rather be driving

The rubber bushings cold flow over time and this causes the sags. There are several options. Consider that all will require labor and an alignment/corner balance. Your labor can be free if you are good with tools. Nothing too difficult but you will probably run into other things to do while completing this project. If you have thought about upgrading torsion bars, Now is the time.

Also, if the rear is this bad your front bushings are likely the same.

The options (use the search function for more specific details on each)

1. Swap the spring plates L to R and all will be good for a long time. Cost effective. Time consuming.

2. ER poly-bronze. Most expensive. Great ride quality. Zerk fittings for easy maintenance. Best paired with increased torsion bars such that the extra ease in suspension movement can be maximized.

3. Poly-graphite (otherwise known as plastic). <$100 in parts. require much more labor to fit. Best if turned on a lathe to size correctly such they are concentric and bind free. Known to be temperature dependent. Known to groan, squeak and pop depending on lubrication levels and how much grease has squished out.

btw, your problem is VERY common. Most owners never consider this a wear item.
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 10-18-2010, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)