View Single Post
Registered

My opinion is leave it as built. Modded cars that were done by name builders when new/ or near new ( Andial, RUF, Alan Johnson, Kremer, D P Motorsports among others ) already get relatively big money and will have a better chance of a good investment as the newly initiated Porsche or nostalgic buyer will pursue these with great passion ( as with other manufacturers hot models from the past), if provided with good provenance. As years go buy I will try to aquire and keep the one(s) that drive the best no matter who built it, That being said current builders using current technology and build quality can come up with better performing cars ( many such builders on this forum ) however some just want the old school hotties. There are an awful lot of chop jobs floating around and being sold that will leave a bad taste for future buyers, so unless the buyer really knows what he is doing he will probably stay away from something an unnamed builder puts together. So...I,d say buy one that is already quality built now as good ones are still pretty cheap compared to what it will cost to build one. I personally like most modded 930's and parallel the thought to the cobras, an original 427 worth 7 figures plus is seldom used but some of the continuation cars with current build stuff can out perform the originals, at a fraction of the cost and are enjoyed on a regular basis as opposed the the collectors jobs ( along with their owners ) that just sit. So.......... take your pick there is a always a butt for every seat. I like to drive , back roads, freeway, track days and take to concours. That is why you need to get more than one if the opportunity and good fortune come your way ( 30 year Mortgages are 4.25% now to refinance )

Last edited by voitureltd; 10-19-2010 at 07:01 AM..
Old 10-18-2010, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)