View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Oh i did not imply the job was easy, but it can be done yourself with some elbow grease. I do all my own mechancial work on the car, and this was a nice winter project for me. You will need to do a full corner balance and alighnment when done, and like suggested you should plan on torsion bars and shocks at this time so that you dont pay for corner balance and alignment again later.
I just really like the ride and results with the polybronze. It was nice seeing the control arms move so freely with near zero friction with the new bushings and no noise. Just have to remeber to grease them once in a while.
No biggie to me.
Plus the car does not exhibit a slight jerk or settling anymore on track days when transitioning in turns like it did with the rubber bushings. I could feel the rubber bushings compressing until they bottomed out and it was uneasy feeling thru the esses at the Glen and Mid Ohio. See the video in my signature below, which was with the old rubber bushings.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"

Last edited by fredmeister; 10-20-2010 at 03:25 PM..
Old 10-20-2010, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)