View Single Post
Registered

Garage
I've always thought that it was better for the garage to be cold, not warm. If there is any moisture on the car it won't do anything if its frozen but could cause some corrosion if it's still liquid.

Also, if your daily driver is sharing the garage and bringing in salty slush (which melts in a warm garage leaving salt on the garage floor) that can do some harm too.

Bagging the car or getting a bubble is a good idea, using some dessicant in the car (on a tray or something) and in the bag would probably be best. You can also just put down some thin foam insulation under the car which would prevent the cold concrete floor from causing condensation on the bottom of the car when the air warms up.

I just change the oil, wash it, take it for a good drive to make sure its good and dry, put my old wheels and tires on, put fuel stabilizer in and top up the tank, cover it and plug in a battery tender. This has worked fine for its first 29 years!
2004 BMW R1100S
Old 10-21-2010, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)