View Single Post

Intercooler temp before and after

Ok I have a 77 without intercooler before someone says why not just buy an intercooler.

Anyway, new to the turbo deal and have a few questions after reading some of the recent posts on water to air or meth/water injection.

I know different engine set ups will produce different intake air temps. The questions I have are:

1. What is a base temp of before the IC and after the IC.

2. What is the temp after with an aftermarket IC. I know they will vary with size and make. How much of a difference do they make?

The idea behind an intercooler is to provide a cooler denser air correct? I know there is math and different flow involved with different designs. What i am getting at is if it is possible with using meth/water or wet IC or a combo of both to produce the same results??

The water/meth is something that has to be added regularly but so does gas.

What am I missing here?? Wouldn't it also provide a less restrictive air flow from turbo to intake??? How would this effect boost?

Thanks and sorry for the somewhat basic question. Just trying to pull a couple posts together to where I can get a clear understanding and game plan as to how I want to plan my set up. I have a strong mech background and understand that mods only work when other mods are done. I just want to keep my stock tail and sort of hide all my performance additions as best I can.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)