Thread: Texas Mile 2010
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan ruiz View Post
The time has come, and I hope to be able to provide regular updates as they come regarding this event just like we did last year, drmatera will be the "Official" team translator Spanglish to English so here we go,

Oct 20

The car was dyno and tuned and the final numbers were 1155 rwhp on E85 Fuel

Oct 21

The car was fully prepared and on the trailer ready for the departure to Texas, total distance to cover will be around 1100 miles each way.

Oct 21

The Team is ready to leave and the truck has a mechanical failure. They try to rent/borrow a truck but no luck. At 9.00PM Bello drives the car off the trailer and starts to drive to Texas without a team, Just his car, 2 cans of fuel and small tool box. Lady Luck has turned her back on him yet again. UNBELIEVABLE.

Oct 22

Driving all night without any sleep and at 6.00AM still driving out of Florida with a very long way ahead, he called to see if I can find someone in Texas in case that he needs any help, any volunteers step to the plate. This will be another testament of the durability of the air cooled power plant even with a high output engine.

My hat is off to him for not letting mechanical failures in the tow vehicle get in his way. Good luck this weekend.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)