View Single Post
R.I.P.

Those numbers are very similar to what I found while running my car with no intercooler. I would regularly see temps above 200* on boost.

Now, the question is where did they take the outlet temp from? Off the actual intercooler or in the intake manifold. My sensor is in the intake manifold and I see 125-130* temps on 80*f + days with the intercooler installed. So roughly 100* is being removed by the intercooler.

Now I also ran WMI on my turbocharged 5.0 mustang before ever putting an intercooler on it. I was seing 80*-90* temp drops when the WMI came on, I was seeing 150* inlet temps in the intake.

Once the intercooler was installed:

On a 1/4 mile pass my inlet temps would start at 120* (170* engine temp), by the end of the pass my inlet temps would be just over 100*. If you were going to choose just one of the 2 options and didn't mind filling the jug I would go right to the WMI and keep your wing. But there was a benefit to running both
Old 10-22-2010, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)