View Single Post
Happiest when Tinkering

Dont write off the power of latent heat of vaporisation of water I think you get a better cooling effect from WMI than a intercooler both in combo is better I will do some testing when I get WMI install and the charge temp gauge and I found a place that has intercoolers similar to mine in various sizes for 3-400 dollars the prices you see are the porsche markup on these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANNA930 View Post
That is what I am leaning towards but I have never used set up before. I just can't see it being as effective as an intercooler but for the investment and ease of install what the heck.

I am surprised that it actually would decrease temps that close to an intercooler. I wonder how much cooler than say a stock intercooler? Also does the benefit of no pressure loss through the cooler make it even more effective? The only shortfall is filing up but then with say a 2 gallon tank it would be near a tank of gas with a electronic mgt.

Why is everybody paying $2500-$3000 for intercoolers??
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 10-23-2010, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)