Thread: Texas Mile 2010
View Single Post

Garage
Here's my take on this in no particular order

1. An 1100 mile drive to then run at those levels has to be stressful, I know it has been for me following the journey I can't imagine for the driver.

2. Where is God's earth do you practice for this type of event? setting the car for a drag race is possible but for a 1 mile race is nearly impossible and I think this is a huge factor, it reminds me of a project we did years ago, our Diesel engines were to be installed at 4750 meters above sea level ( 15,000FT) we did the simulation the best we could but at the site we came short handed and had to re -do everything, at those races you don't have the time for that.

3. And what I feels is the solution, if we install the new AEM boost controller we could slowly increment the boost per speed per gear all the way to the 30 psi of boost but then again the thing cost 1K the problem here was when to have the power if we fit that I'm sure the car is capable of 245mph, if you consider that it has gone 165mph in the 1/4 mile.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)