View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechiller View Post
The car now has 408 rwhp at around 4500 rpm, and then it spins on the rolls, even if we have the tail pressed down with a forklift.
That's crazy awesome power! I've got to that you'll have no problem meeting your HP goals of 550 if you're at 408 with another 2000 rpm to go! Very exciting - I'm anxious to hear how things work out for you.

Quote:
My experience is that the water intercooler works excellent, I have the water circulation pump to start at 2200 rpm and the air temperature after the intercooler keeps low and stable. I see that my intercooler is well oversized and it would have been enough with a much smaller one.
I'm looking into using a water-to-air (WTA) intercooler on my 3.2 Carrera turbo conversion. I started a thread to discuss WTA I/Cs and water/methanol injection. I appreciate any input you have:

Water-to-Air Intercooler vs Water/Methanol Injection

What size core do you have? I see that you maximized the width of your I/C as it fits closely against the engine lid hinge. Given your HP goal of 550, what size would you go with if you did it over again? What size radiator are you using? Any reservoir?

Quote:
If anyone has an ignition map for a modified 930, please let me know. When I’m done with this project I will make my map available on this thread.
I'll be installing an Electromotive TEC-3R around March, but I'm know there are Haltech guys around here who should be able to help you out.

Good luck!

Last edited by polizei; 10-25-2010 at 04:42 AM..
Old 10-25-2010, 04:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #116 (permalink)