Thread: Texas Mile 2010
View Single Post

Garage
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

“The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.” Anonymous

What do i know, i'm only an armchair driver (so far) when it comes to the 200+mph club. But, it seems to me there must be a reason why aerodynamic aids exist in cars cabable of 200+mph.

Bello has all the power he needs to break 240mph, but between u and me Juan, it baffles me why he has he not started to address the aeorodynamics end of the equation??? A rear wing to keep the rear more planted and a front diffuser to keep air from underneath the car would go miles towards greater stability at all speeds.

Everyone keeps talking about larger rear tires, but with 1200 on tap, i doubt that would make much difference, and Bello being a life-long drag racer knows more than anyone what he needs in that dept.

I am reminded of what the Kremer brothers said when preparing their 935 to win Lemans. There is really no luck involved with this stuff, it boils down to knowing what the problems are with a car that has the potential, and then addressing them. Success then becomes (almost) a mathematical certainty.

Just some thoughts, as we would all love to see him achieve his goal, which is so tantalizingly close!
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 10-25-2010, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)