View Single Post
Tripple Black 86 Carrera

Garage
Porsche Crest KJ's trip back to California from TurboPalooza

Hey guys, i have loved reading all the strories about this CRAZY weekend! You guys are all maniacs...I'm honored to have rolled with you ALL. I wish I lived on the east coast so i could have some more fun with y'all. Ok, so Doc and i ran around on Monday finishing up soe last minute things for his beast. I had an appointment to go see Bruce Abbott Tuesday morning 8am [Never have I met such a selfless, genuine honest and friendly mechanic - anyone who needs a gr8 mechanic, the drive to Spring Hope is well worth it]. We replaced the cv joints and I hit the road around 12pm...we talked a while b4 i left. Doc and I noticed the Carrera probably needs some new shocks and bushings as the steering vibrates when going faster that 75mph. I got the wheels alligned at Just Tires in Raleigh - 3hr process and the front wheels couldn't get alligned properly. I really needed to hit the road as I had an appointment in Scottsdale AZ on Thursday. So, 2600miles and 2 days to do it I woke up at 5am, went to sleep at 11pm after reaching hallucination adn eating lots of fast food. The Carrera was the BEST car I had done a cross country in. I didn't get uncomfortable at all. On one leg in Texas with a combination of 93octane and a bottle of 108 octane boost additive, I got 510miles on 17.5 gallons of fuel...you do the math!. The first night I slept in Georgia, and the second I tried to sleep at a rest stop in mid- Texas but after 2 hours of tossing and turning because of the trucks coming and going I decided to look for a motel. I arrived in Scottsdale AZ 6pm Thursday as was expected albeit exhausted. I wish i could have left on Monday morning as originally planned but what would a road trip be without some unexpected changes in plan. i think i need to plan on buying a 930 on the east coast next year TurboPalooza and driving cross country in a week. this might become a ritual :-)
So to sum it up, live fast and hard, push it into the red every time you can, make new friends, call the old, be nice to people, you never know who is watching! you guys are all fantastic and if you ever come to Cali, hit me up! KJ
Anyone tell me how to upload multiple pics please, i have a couple of good'ns and also a short clip of the dial kissing 170mph oops, sorry officer. i got stoped for no plates twice in Texas! Texas generates income from traffic fines first and then oil is a close second income generator.

Last edited by Pouncer911; 10-25-2010 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: adding pictures
Old 10-25-2010, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #269 (permalink)