View Single Post

Garage
1st drive and 1st impressions + a few questions

I drove my 930 for the 1st time yesterday.
Unfortunately there seems to be a new (bad) oil leak and also maybe a few starvation issue.
I have dropped it into a garage to solve both problems as I am currently on vacation with young kids and so do not have the time to self diagnose or tinker.

One question on acceleration I can hear a mettallic tick on initial accel. and another tick on initial decel. - what might this noise be (from engine bay)
- I am unfamiliar with 930 Turbo engine sounds- it is as the throttle is depressed and released?

1st Impressions (apart from the dissappointment of having to take her to a shop immediately) of the 930 are it is a lot more spritely than I remember!
I drove a '78 930 about 15yrs ago which was definately more 'sluggish'
Also the gearing seems to be shorter than I remember- I will compare revs against speed at a later date/post to confirm I have stock gears.

I wonder if the car feels sharper/faster as the car is alot lighter/less restricted
Current car had GRP from rear bumpers and no sunroof and is an '87 Euro model (assumed stock) against the older model tried before which was a stock US model

I cannot wait till the problems are sorted and will try and take some pics.

Next month I will drivce the car approx 700 miles from South UK to South France (nr Nice)
I will be driving in tandem with an MGC hopefully and will post pics - but need to get current issues fixed prior to excursion

Many thanks
Ben
Current car:
1987 930 RUF BTR clone
Old 10-26-2010, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)