View Single Post
N-Gruppe doesn't exist

Location: *%@#ing GPS, where am I? Oh wait I see the Space Needle.
Send a message via AIM to teenerted1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEpperson View Post
Don't know about the idiots at CARB, but I think white gas was banned by the National (or CA State?) Parks some time ago.
WRONG
straight from the national park site for Yellowstone
Yellowstone National Park - Fire Restrictions in Yellowstone National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

"* Portable camp stoves and lanterns which use white gas, kerosene, compressed gas, or similar fuels, and sheepherder-type stoves with spark arrester screens, may be used at picnic areas, developed campgrounds, and in the backcountry."

there are some restrictions on fires and charcoal grills. didn't find anything in relation to california parks ban either

did you know that white gas really isnt much different from low grade gas? just missing all the crap they say helps the enviroment. i even have an old svea that even says white gas or low grade petrol as the recomended fuels. and there are many multi fuels stoves put out by coleman, MSR just to name a few. but i wouldnt use the crap with all the ethanol if it could be avoided
'70 911T 3.0L "SKIPPY" R-Gruppe #477
'73 914 2.0L SOLD bye bye "lil SMOKEY"
"Silence is Golden, but duct tape is SILVER.
other flat fours:'77 VWBus 2.0L & 2002 ImprezaTS 2.5L
Old 10-26-2010, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)