View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence88mph View Post
It's hard to believe those little water to air tubes could work on that project car, I'm sure they do though, Turbokarft seem to be a class act
Having only one of those small ones would probably not be adequate - especially for a twin turbo. However, combining two of them provides around 1400 CFM of flow, I believe. This is definitely more costly than having one larger unit, and trickier to install. Fortunately for our cars, we have more room in the engine bay. Kjell from Norway fit this WTA I/C under his duck tail:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence88mph View Post
looks like a lot of work and cost
It does on face value. This is part of what I'd like to vet out on this thread. There are a ton of places to source these parts for not a lot of money. The good thing is that there are several options for WTA I/Cs that will fit under our deck lids. All of the fittings, hoses, radiators & pumps can be had without much expense. I'm looking at a set up right now which would cost me about $450 which includes an I/C, radiator with high flow fan, upgraded pump and an installation kit, including fittings, clamps & fluid lines.

I agree - it does look like a big project. But I think that if the engine is out anyway, it would be a much less involved install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
Andy,

I have to give you kudos for your tenacity.

Cole
Thank you!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)