View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
First suspect is usually the intercooler O ring seal.

I assume you put a new O ring and lubed it properly. Still, I would probably pull the IC and inspect the ring to see if it got pinched and reinstall the IC.

Good thought on the BOV. If that gasket has come apart I guess it could jam up the BOV piston. It is not really a seal, it is more of a cushion so clicking would probably mean the piston is moving freely.

If boost dose not come back quickly with shifts the BOV could be frozen.

However, a 13k mile car and the WG is in such good shape that gasket should be ok but you never know.
I beg to differ. Yes they are seals and do double-time as a cushion. The two end caps on the recirculation assembly need to be sealed or they'll leek boost. You are correct, though, in that what typically happens with age is that the silicone rubber hardens and slowly deteriorates where the piston impacts it. Where do all those little pieces go is the scarey thought.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)