View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
I had not heard they ever leaked externally, only to click. If an external leak it might be detectable using the brake cleaner trick as the conection side should be under vac at idle..
To be honest, neither have I...but it's always a possibility if either of the two gaskets are so badly aged that they've just fallen completely apart.

Those stock recirc piston valves are pretty bullet proof and not much can go wrong with them outside of a broken spring (which may not allow it to close completely, thus recirculating a portion of the boost) or being seriously gummed up to where it's not moving the full motion. All just theory, as I've not heard of either of these two things happening but there's always a first time.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)