View Single Post

Garage
Distributor vacuum lines with carbs

So...I finally found a good, cheap 1.8L distributor (039 905 205 AA) to try out instead of my 009 with my Dellorto carbs.
I am eager to get the whole advance curve
and enjoy some top end power.

Now this distributor ("dizzy" if you like, which seems to be a better description for the rotor than the whole distributor, but anyway I drift...), has two connections on the vacuum advance/retard diaphram can. One points toward the distributor (call it the "inboard connection") and one points away from the distributor body ("outboard connection"). One of the carbs has a vacuum port which is below the butterfly valve (this port is currently capped, but available). Which connection on the distributor should this connect to? Also, do I need to sense vacuum above the butterfly valve also? or anywhere else for that matter? Finally, if I only connect to one side of the distributor diaphram, do I just leave the other side open?

I am planning to time the car at about 36 degrees advance at 3000RPM, no load (that is, sitting in neutral in the driveway, with vacuum line installed). Any other suggestions?

(By the way, also running MSD 6A ignition and Bosch blue coil).

Many thanks for all of the good experience
and advice!
Old 12-06-1999, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)