View Single Post

Garage
Thanks for the info guys.

I looked in Tomlinson's book on Dellortos and it says that the 205 is the best distributor overall. As we know, there are lots of different 205's (different total advance and advance curves) but the AA (from 1.8L 914) has the most total advance.

Per your suggestion, I looked at CB Performance's web page and called them about the vacuum line. They "checked with the tech guy" and came back with a silly answer which amounted to something like, we don't sell the 205 anymore so you should use an 009. As it has been stated so many times in these pages, the 009 is "popular" because that is what is out there to sell.

So... I will try the outboard connection and ALSO, check the carb vacuum port behavior with a vacuum gauge. I understand that what we want is a bit of retard when punching it to reduce the chance of detonation. When you punch it, vacuum goes down (less vacuum pressure, less suck), so the dash pots pulls
in less advance if the line is on the advance, outboard, side of the distributor.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE ADVICE AND INFO,

Pete
Old 12-08-1999, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)