View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
You can expect the following from aftermarket headers;

The Good
1.) 200-300 RPM sooner with the onset of boost(conservative est.)
2.) nicer sounding exhaust
3.) weight reduction (10 lbs sound about right guys?)

The Bad
1.) Headers don't last as long as the factory heat exchangers (expect 5-7years life exp.)
2.) You going to see some boost overshoot with the GHL's, therefore I would not recommend a 1.2 BAR spring in this case. Go with the 1.0-1.1 BAR spring for safety's sake and to stay within the 1.2 BAR limit you built into your fueling system.

Now the B&B muffler.......
There have been reports from others here on the board that the B&B muffler is somewhat restrictive. Maybe Rarly8 or Ben of M&K can chime in on this comment. If true, you might want to consider going with a less restrictive, nicer sounding muffler. Though, as you can see from my signature, I have a B&B system on my 930 and I like the sound of it. Wish I had done more research with others on the board here before buying the B&B muffler.

Good luck. You have the makings of a very nice rocket!
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 10-31-2010, 04:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)