View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Very nice package (even if I am a bit bias, ha!)

I am going to assume you do not want to spend money replacing some of the components listed but rather optimize what you have (from what you describe your turbo, boost level, and fuel head can be improved upon).

Please verify what turbo you have. The 965S did not come with a 7200. Also the 7200 is useless at 1.2bar and no fuel head mod is typically needed when using this turbo.
(I am working with a fellow right now who's performance has been destroyed due to being sold a modified fuel head he did not need).

Supporting HP and being optimal are miles apart.
The stock J-pipe exchangers will support a lot of HP but leave much on the table. You have the headers, by all means try them!! You will see lowered boost threshold and greater torque/HP. Down side is overboost due to waste gate tubing design.
Another down side is heat. The short tube "log" exchangers produced poor heat.
Upside is if you don't like the headers you can put the J-pipe back on. A no-lose situation.

Ditch the 1.2bar.
Any power you get from going from 1.0bar to 1.2bar is far outweighed by the risk of detonation and stress put on your engine. Headers alone will make up the power differential.

If you are interested in losing additional weight in the rear after adding your headers take a look at my mufflers. They weigh 12 pounds and come in many configurations.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)