View Single Post

Jeff,

Did the other C2 have the stock cat/pre-muffler? It is not great for response.

Kurt,

They have to have made changes but I had the same finding as Jeff as to the B&B C2T muffler. I could not get past the 330's on the dyno with my B&B. One day I was curious so I cut it open. I found that the largest passage was smaller than the in and out pipes. I also went to a home built Borla as what was the thing at the time and on my next dyno picked up 30hp.

On my C2T with almost the same motor build as yours but with headers and an S2intercooler I also saw full boost at 3k with a new K27-7200. However it could not hold full boost at HP peak or beyond. Even with the EBC cranked up to 1.1 bar.

I could be wrong but I always felt the section after the turbo is the most important, then ignition and AFR values. I had my AFR's corrected to 12.2/1 through TQ and HP peak with a custom programmable WUR.

Still I suspect a header system can reduce exhaust reversion some for a bit of improvement in TQ right where most street cars can most use it.

As to some of the higher power claims, some are starting to believe that is more from the different style WG circuit that results in a little higher boost with the same spring.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)