View Single Post

I am not sure if this could be used as a valid strategy but Kurt might be kind of doing something I have wanted to try.

The goal being to achieve a boost management strategy where boost is tapered to live within our fueling and thermal limits. Usually this is done electronically.

As a point of reference check out the thread on the Monster CIS motor. He runs up to 1.2 bar early and tapers it back to .8 bar at red line. Therry (sp) also did this with his custom fueler and boost management system based on a Split Sec controller with good results.

The K27-7200 seems to be unique in that the hot side seems to be the limiting factor that kicks in and limits the spin of the cold side before it gets out of its deficiency range or stalls. Excess exhaust is diverted out the WG. At least that is what I think I have been observing.

As such, running 1.2 bar might allow the turbo to make a big mid range and its nature will be to taper boost as the rpms increase.

If we have a good intercooler like that C2Turbo dose and as long as we do not detonate, which our to fat on first boost should help with, this could work very well and be a natural fit.

Not your typical approach but would be interesting to look into.

However, put a big turbo on that thing with a 1.2 bar spring and it could be trouble.

Maybe just another crazy thought.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)