View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to pjv911
I see 1.2 bar at the tell tale needle. Im too scared to take me eyes off the road when on the go. It is certainly possible that the boost is falling off as RPM increases.
Im not sure which turbo I have. My 965 S motor came from the Brumos' race team when the 3.6 came out for them in 93' they sold off the 3.3 engines. Mine has some special stuff (inside and outside) that is different from the standard 965 engines. Many engine components say "Supercar" on them. Btw I have no idea what Supercar means.
Last year I lost spark and the diagnoses led me to a relay type box under the seat. Turned out that it is my rev limiter. What was cool was the chip inside was modified and the board had jumper wires. The rev chip says 7700 RPM !!
As for which turbo I have? I would have to take another look because its been some time since I read the tag.
I know it sounds crazy but I have had my VDO 935 type (clock replacement) boost gauge read 1.5 bar and the power was too much for my clutch once past 60 mph or so. Below that the tires would give.
My clutch is what was recommended by Jim Patrick when I had him make the flywheel. He said its the same unit that was used in the yellowbird Ruf car.
At 1.5 bar the a/f ratio was still below 12.5 all the way through the rev range.
Lastly I can't say if the fuel distributor mod did anything because I had it done before installing the engine. I do know that I have serious decel flames at all times. Fuel mileage is around 14 mpg.
I think I will try the headers soon. Brian I will take a look at your stuff. Weight savings is very important to me. Da Vinci I will check to see which boost controller I have.

Kurt Williams
65/66 912 1 owner 76k orig
01' Aston Martin DB7 V12 Vantage Coupe 6spd

Last edited by pjv911; 10-31-2010 at 04:31 PM..
Old 10-31-2010, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)