View Single Post

Yeah, I have been using a MSD6A, with a MSD blaster 2 coil and the MSD VW distributor for 7-8 years now. The MSD 6 plugs directly into the distributor, no point, no fuss, the distributor is designed to use MSD wires. I started originally with a 6AL (wanted the spark, plus the rev limiter with an 009 then an 005 finally the MSD distributor. You have to mod the engine tin a little to make the distributor fit (I used a rubber hammer). Car used to be run on the street, but the last couple of years only on the track. The ignition system smoothes the car out so well that at a sitting idle it doesnt sound like there is a cam in the engine, yet when you idle towards the staring grid people look cuz you can then here the lop in the cam. I use the MSD cuz it works and I dont have to mess with it any more. MSD boxes are very sensitive to the plug wires used. If there is too much resistance or a bad connection the box with start to apply the rev limiter too early. You can tell by pulling the rev module if the car smoothes out, you have a bad connection with one of the wires.
Old 12-12-1999, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)