View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilikum Turbo View Post
Considering 80% of the EBAY ad seems to be a historic account of the 911 Turbo(and not really talking much about THIS car, I would be suspect).

Although it' appears to be a great car, the only slantnose I personally would purchase is one that was originally destined to be sold in the US. Older gray-market cars that were sold in this country are very much a crap-shoot, since the systems all had to be federalized, and I only trust the factory to deliver a DOT approved car. I have just known TOO many people that bought gray only to uncover a ton of issues.
Apparently that's because the dealer may not be sure what he has.. that can be a good thing.

In limiting to only slantnose's that were destined for the US, you're down to models 3yrs and there just aren't that many of them around. Additionally, I don't believe the S options noted on this car were even available for US consumption.

Not all gray market cars that were brought into the US were dogs. On the other hand, being able to look the car over prior to purchase and knowing what you're looking at has its merits also.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)