View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
I have the 964 cams in my car with the fully finned 3.3 P&C's. No problems to date.
A popular cam from the early builds with the lower lift profile and much longer duration are the group B cams that were designed for turbo racing because of the restrictions to the class rules regarding the combustion chambers at that time, may provide just what you are looking for if piston clearance and upper RPM performance is what you want. The group B ones in my car ( built by kremer in 1984 ) were the ones they chose. Terrible running below 3000 RPM but really preform nicely in the upper RPM. I have cars ( and have had them ) with 964, SC and numerous other grind spec and they do preform very nicly, depending upon the usage intended. However the only one that compares from my experience with the grinds available that I have had, for upper end grunt, is a special Andial 993 twin turbo race grind from the late 90s that is in a 3.2 liter single turbo, so lots of fuel mixture from a 3.6 liter designed cam being feed into the combustion chambers. Also went thru the Evo 2 ( a cam also designed for a larger liter motor) in a 3.4 twin turbo track car build, which is not finished yet so do not know how that will go, but but the 7.25 compression 3.4 JE pistons were also selected regarding clearence issues. We also went for the lower compression pistons as to adjust the effective compression ratio with the boost adjustment instead of a fixed higher compression ratio piston.

Last edited by voitureltd; 11-07-2010 at 11:45 AM..
Old 11-06-2010, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)