View Single Post
Turbofrog

My fueling is finally OK.

I had a problem with going very lean after 5000rpms and I found out the car has a lambda fuel head with the lambda port plugged and my car is a 79 non lambda 930. I installed two 044s and dialed the system pressure to 7.3bar, dialed the BLWur enrichment to max but it did not give more fuel so I had to figure out some other way to get more fuel.

Modified fuel head would take time and money so I decided to first try a proven controller from split second AIC1 BUT I installed it on the lambda port with the original lambda frequency valve instead of the wur line and andial valve like others had. I tried to search internet for some help but it seemed no one had wrote about using this method before.

Here are the Thierry25's instructions on how to install a spilt sec AIC1
ELECTRONIC CIS fueling & BOOST control

Anyway, it works just fine and now my fueling is in check on boost and high rpms. Maybe some fine tuning on the boost spool fueling is needed and later I'm going to control boost with the other map on the split second AIC with a mac boost solenoid.

This is how the fueling was
AFR went above 13 at 5300 rpms

and this is how it's now and AFR stays under 12

Today when I went logging I got into a small hail size hailstorm and the ground and road suddenly got white but somehow it did not affect grip too much so I just kept driving. It was a bit bizarre with 315 rear tires still having grip on white road?
Old 11-07-2010, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)