View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjfk32 View Post
This weekend I did some nice top end runs. Weather was approx 53-56F. I was seeing 15psi. I car pulled and pulled..Its amazing what COLD weather can do. Plus I tightened up some bolts by the wastegate and other places where boost could escape.

Its nice when CIS works out and no hickups.

Walt
In the words of Emril Lugassi..."oh yeah babe"!!!

This morning, at 29 degrees outside, the sun just barely peeking over the horizon on a clear blue sky, frost on the windows of my less fortunate cars out in the driveway, I roll the 930 out of the heated garage into that cold dense air and hit the road for my 25 mile commute to work. Got the heater cranked to max (which isn't saying much, but kept things quite comfortable inside).

Got through town, WUR finished with cold control pressures, AAR closed, car idling at 950 with AFR's steady at 14.0, just purring. Hit the highway, go through the first 3 gears and lug along waiting for someone to get in my way. There he is!!! Down shift to second and positively blast past the dude. I think the front end came off the ground there for a second. Snag third, then a docile fourth and lump along the rest of the journey until the next opportunity arises.

Good Lord these cars like cold air and just positively rip up the road. I think I gained about 20 horses for free. AFR's hit about 12.2 at full boost (cold air will do that). This may be the last run of the year before the white stuff starts to fall, so a good memory to tide me over until spring.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)