View Single Post
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
How much is too much??

No this isn't a horsepower thread! We all know the answer to that question...

The question is: How much oil on your garage floor is too much? I have never owned an air cooled car before the 930, and never had any oil on the floor, so when I back out of the garage or peer under the rig, and see 6-8 drops on the floor after each drive, mainly centered under the passenger side heater box it kind of makes me cringe.

In talking to some techs all seem to say that "old Porsche's don't leak... they mark their spots." They have also said that I should wait until something catastrophic happens before I pay the price to have the motor pulled and re-sealed.

What are your thoughts? Motor is running strong, and happy. Do I keep adding oil per the techs recommendation and keep wiping the garage floor? Or bite the bullet and pull it and experience the "while you are in there" syndrome?
India Red/Beige/Black; Mahle 3.4L; Kokeln IC; K27 7200; GHL Headers; Borla Stainless Muffler; SC cams; Sachs Aluminum Clutch; Aluminum flywheel; Bilstein Sport Shocks; Adjustable Rear Sway Bar; Weltmeister Shock Tower Brace; Lowered and Corner Balanced; MOMO RSGT Seats...
Old 11-08-2010, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)