View Single Post
I would rather be driving

yes, you need the different fuel pump. You will also need the 6-pin CDI and wiring harness from the later engine. The rest is just rewiring the pin locations at the 14-pin connector. Mate the two harnesses using a wiring diagram from the 74 chassis and the 86 engine.

The engine tin is different for your 74 and the 930. You have to have access for the turbo air inlet and the pressure side going to the intercooler.

The 915 will work. Just make sure to use the 9-bolt flywheel and clutch package for the 915. You are correct, your 74 914 has a 7:31 ring and pinion. It will not hold up under the torque curve of a 930 motor for very long. A late model 915 can work with cooling, reinforcements and smooth driving. 930 is strong. a 5sp G50 would be nice.

Now the biggest limitation will be the amount of rubber in the rear if your car is still stock. Narrow rear quarters do not exactly fit steamroller tires.
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 11-09-2010, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)