View Single Post

Ultimately, I have to admit that Larry is right.

If you look closely at the first WUR, you can see that it is not the correct one for a 930 as there is no boost enrichment port.

The one that came on my car was from a Mercedes if I remember correctly. The car ran horribly. I couldn't get it to idle for anything. The only real reason I ended up modifying mine was so that I could start the car and move it in and out of the shop. I ended up sourcing parts from two. The second one was from a turbo Volvo (I think) I was actually able to get the pressures pretty close if I remember correctly.

I have since gotten the correct WUR and have NOT modified it.

Larry, I have heard your name and shop mentioned a few times by Porsche shop owners as the go to guy for excellent fuel head and wur service. As I am not a well experienced Porsche "guy," I respect their advice and take it to heart.

If someone wants to play with their wur at the risk of damaging it, then that's their choice. If you had to buy a cnc lathe just to repair these parts, then I'd say that's a good thing!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)