View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
G,
I suspect the oil is welling up into the turbo bearing(s). There have been reports on this forum that the rebuilt/new K-27's have a different thrust bearing that flows more than the earlier bearing configuration.
The turbo sump pump can't keep up with the additional flow, primarily at low engine speeds. A quick test to confirm this is;
Before shutting down the engine after the car has been driven, increase the engine speed to about 1500-2000RPM for about 30 seconds. Then let the engine return to idle speed just before turning off the ignition. Let the car sit for several hours and restart, testing for smoke.

If the smoke at startup is greatly reduced or gone, you've isolated the problem.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 11-14-2010, 03:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)