View Single Post
Registered

Personally, I wouldn't be concerned if you're .3 bar off on a control pressure. I sounds like you've checked only the Cold CP and it seems that Brian sets this typically a bit lower for better/richer cold running (at least that's what I found when I got mine from him). As soon as your car and the WUR warm up (within a couple of minutes) the cold CP won't have any affect anyway. Have you also checked the warm CP as well as the CP on boost, and the system pressure?

Everything is adjustable, yes, and at the very least after Brian has pre-set everything you should be at least close to what your stock WUR was producing, with some minor differences based on what you told Brian about your build.

Installing a BLeaske WUR won't necessarily make your car instantly perform better as soon as you install it, but will give you the ability to fine-tune things to match your particular combination of engine modifications to increase performance across the entire power band. To get the full benefit, you'll need to be able to monitor AFR's across all operating conditions in order to know where you might want to make adjustments.

If you're uncomforatle, then confirm all the CP's etc. and drive the car...you should have no reason to think the WUR will cause you any harm. Better to have your CP's on the low side to err toward rich mixture for engine protection, the price being lower performance and higher fuel consumption.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 11-14-2010 at 06:26 AM..
Old 11-14-2010, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)