View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyo View Post
Gentlemen.

The K27 on my 3.3 has been repacked twice. It is one hell of a smoker on each start up. The turboshop down the road suggested to rebuild and upgrade. He was absolutely dead serious when he said that these cars are better off with the K27 instead of changing it out with a more "modern" ball bearing turbo. What I want is a turbo that is a little more efficient at lower rpm's. As it is now, 3000 rpm's before it happens.
Any suggestions or opinions are greately appreciated.

G
Hoyo,
Before going off the deep end here and replacing what may be a fine turbocharger, could you relay to us in what state of tune is the engine?
For instance;
1.) you dyno'd the car - what were the AFR's? Were they recorded?
2.) what state of tune is the ignition? What's your timing?
3.) Do you have a stock exhaust? (i.e. heat exchangers, muffler, smog equipment)
4.) stock cams?

All the above factors can influence the dyno results. Geez, a fouled air filter can cause you to suck oil and reduce the engine output.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 11-14-2010, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)