View Single Post

Garage
Thumbs up

Thanks guys, very helpful. I'll post some feedback after I get the results.

I did read Wayne's article here about compression and leak down testing, and in the portion about leak down testing it was stated:

"A newly rebuilt engine should have leak down percentages of around 3-5%. An engine in good running condition should show 10% or less. Numbers around 20% indicate some wear of the engine but are still adequate for good engine operation. Leakage numbers around 30% indicate that there are problems brewing, and that a rebuild may be necessary."

I guess if the car is already yours, and you are testing it to see if you need to do a rebuild, then OK, I guess those maybe some marginal but acceptable tolerances. But in my case I think I had already pretty much resolved in my mind I would not accept much more than about 3-4%.

Thanks DDDD for informing me that is what you saw at 40K, and that is what I would have expected. I certainly do hope they don't find any more than that because I really do love this car.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)