View Single Post

Garage
Just realized that i never provided closure to this thread.

We were able to successfully separate the motor from the tranny (which remained in the car) by about 1.5 inches, and this gave us just enough room to manipulate the TO brearing into proper position over the ears of the fork. It took a couple of tries to get it right using a strong magnet to manipulate the TOB arms, as we would shove the engine and tranny back together, and then check postion with a mirror, but we accomplished in the the end.

This was my first time replacing the clutch with the tranny in the car. i have to say that knowing what i know now, it was fairly straightforward if you can jack the car and motor up independently of each other to get proper alignment. The 935 style motor mount with 'balancing bars' at the bottom made the job easier however.

BTW, there was another reason why we had difficulty with clutch adjustment. Due to the ridiculously high stiffness of the pressure plate that i took out of the car, over time, the lever arm which attaches to the clevis pin had BENT rearward so that clutch adjustment would have been pretty much impossible. Furthermore, the cotter pin that holds the lever arm to the clutch pedal was also bent I should have known that this was going to be the case when my clutch pedal snapped due the the high pressure plate loads last year.

Anyhow, loving the KEP S2 clutch. Super smooth, no more annoying on/off in stop and go traffic, and reassuring to know that it can handle anything i throw at it or whatever boost i am running.

Cole, my apologies, will get those pix to you again.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 11-16-2010, 10:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)